The “Golden Hour” or What’s the Best Time for Your Location Shoot
The “Golden Hour” is the time just before sunset when the sun is close to going down, but still in the sky.
Why do photographers like this time?
1) All the lighting is rich and warm – golden indeed.
2) You do not need to squint into the sunlight or wear sunglasses, although direct sunlight can be amazing as well if planned correctly.
3) The direction of the light and long shadows is so much nicer than overhead light.
4) On “hot” days the weather has cooled down enough that we can all enjoy the session without sweating running down your face.
5) On a good day we can get some creative light flairs
6) We can get some artistic silhouette images as the sun gets lower in the sky.
7) You have some lovely warm skies, with great colored clouds or sunsets.
Now, we can’t promise all of those just because the time is right, the weather does it’s own things, but it really does increase our chances.